Sunday 6 November 2011

Best Heavy Bag Reviews : Everlast 4008 80-Pound Traditional Heavy Bag

This review is for Everlast 4008 80-Pound Traditional Heavy Bag.

Everlast 4008 80-Pound Traditional Heavy BagI got this bag from Dunham's because I needed something cheap and rugged to train in. It was not a good choice. First of all the bag is not filled evenly so after a while all the filler sinks to the bottom. This is a problem because you are basically punching "Nevateer" and air which gives no resistance at all. I might as well be shadow boxing.

  Finally, Everlast apparently does not like to take the time to properly fill their bags because upon re stuffing the bag, I found four sand bags mixed in with the cloth filler. That really pissed me off. If you can't even get enough cloth into the thing to get it to weigh 80 lbs. then maybe you should reevaluate how you make your bags. Plus when I hit a heavy bag I DO NOT want to wonder which hit will yield the pain of connecting with a sand bag.

It is really quite dangerous to have sand bags in a heavy bag like that. Sand filled heavy bags are fine for some athletes, but most people know when there is sand in their bag. However when I have what is supposed to be a cloth filling bag, I should not worry about breaking my wrists, shins, feet and god knows what else. I returned the bag the SAME day I got it. PLEASE spend about 30 dollars more and buy a TKO, Ringside, Title, Combat Sports, or a HIGHER end everlast bag.

Pros: Cheap, Good price for those trying to get their feet wet in Boxing.
Cons: Lousy made and bad inner filling, overall not a good Heavy Bag.

Manufacturer: Everlast
Price: $68.00 at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment